Report a Hazardous Property

To report a property that may be hazardous please fill out a service request form at City Hall or online at the City's website (this form can be found in Document Central under Weed Abatement). This form be dropped off at City Hall, mailed to City Hall or emailed to the fire prevention team.

Hazards can also be reported by calling the Weed Abatement Request Line at 562-694-6302, ext. 328. Please provide as much information as possible regarding the concern, including street address, description of hazards, and contact information. If we are unable to answer the phone, please provide us with a valid phone number or email address and the best time to return your call.

Complaints must be submitted on a City Service Request form. Vague descriptions or broad regions of the alleged fire hazards make it difficult for Weed Abatement staff to respond to complaints in an accurate manner and/or verify the validity of the complaint. Staff requires that complainants find the address or APN number of the parcel when filing the complaint. You can view all properties of the City on the Los Angeles County Assessors Map here. If you cannot find the parcel or do not have access to a computer, you can schedule an appointment with staff to determine which parcel might be in violation.